We take pride in our ability to build and maintain excellent and low cost solutions
What Is Enterprise Information Portal?
An enterprise portal, also known as an enterprise information portal (EIP), is a framework for integrating information, people and processes across organizational boundaries. Enterprise portals provide a secure unified access point, often in the form of a web-based user interface, and are designed to aggregate and personalize information through application-specific portals. These are often used by universities and large enterprises to allow employees or students to access the portals into their info for modification of update and such purposes.
One of the most commonly adapted use of the enterprise portal is that of student logins and portal on University and School websites which allows the students to register for courses online and do other such administrative tasks sitting in one place. This helps to avoid the hassle of running from office to office with paperwork at a risk of being damaged.
Features Of The Enterprise Portal
The Enterprise Portal has many features that boast of reliability and enhance its popular appeal by being a highly innovative tool of integrating users into a single platform. Here are some of its highlighted features that your enterprise stands to benefit from should you choose to invest in the system:
- Has Single sign-on capabilities which helps create a connection between their users and other systems.
- One time authentication helps avoid unnecessary hassles.
- Integrated navigation between components.
- Personalization is increasingly easy with its flexible interface.
- Access Control allows for administrative control over what information can be accessed through portals. This keeps sensitive information free from accidental leak.
Applications For Enterprise Portals
There are many popularly growing uses for Enterprise Portals. Some of those that DevKats deals in are:
- Content Management System
- Document Management System
- Collaboration Software
- Business process management systems
- Customer Relationship Management
- Business Intelligence
- Employee portal